Travel grants for students and doctoral candidates
Support for the financing of conference costs
In order to enable young entomologists to participate, the DGaaE awards 15 travel grants to students and doctoral candidates. The scholarship is a lump-sum grant to cover the costs of the conference (travel, registration, accommodation).
The maximum amount of an individual scholarship is 300.- €. However, the financing of the complete costs is excluded.
The approval of a travel scholarship is subject to the following conditions:
- The applicant's place of residence is more than 50 km away from the conference venue. Please include a declaration to this effect in your application.
- Successful registration for the Entomology Conference 2023 and active participation in the conference as first author of a conference contribution.
- Membership in the DGaaE.
- Proof of student or doctoral status (matriculation certificate or confirmation of supervision).
- Informal confirmation from the supervisor of the BSc, MSc or doctoral thesis or from the BSc or MSc student that it is not possible to finance the conference costs from institutional funds; that the applicant has no more than 0.5 employment, or receives a doctoral scholarship of this amount.
- Indication of the applicant's account details.
Applications must be submitted to the DGaaE office (email@example.com) by January, 13th 2023 at the latest, exclusively electronically (only one file in pdf format with the documents sorted in the above order). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Approval and billing
- Scholarships will be considered in the order in which applications are received by the DGaaE office.
- The applicant will be informed about the approval/rejection by e-mail.
- The grant amount will be transferred to the applicant shortly after approval and before the start of the conference.